Thursday, September 23, 2010

Trying to remember THIS:

"Sometimes the Lord guides you to something that feels RIGHT, just so that you’ll turn to Him when it doesn’t go as you had expected. When things don’t turn out the way you planned—when you don’t get cast at Playmill, when JP doesn’t ask you out, when you call off the wedding—it doesn’t mean that your initial choices or feelings were necessarily wrong. It just means that you need to learn to trust the Lord more. When things like that happen, you can either despair and give in to confusion, or say “Lord, I don’t really understand where I’m supposed to be or what I’m supposed to do right now, but I’ll just trust you and keep listening.” And when you choose the latter, the Lord ALWAYS guides you, and eventually you’ll figure out why things happened the way they did."

--my own blog, January 2, 2010 



4 comments:

Jacqueline Francis said...

thanks so much liz, i really needed this right now.

Beckah said...

Dude. That's EXACTLY what I needed to hear. You inspired being, you. I love you.

Anonymous said...

This blog is a reminder and an inspiration to me when I feel truly need it. I was brought up to believe there is a God, He will be there to protect and nurture you, that He is the only one you can call on at any given time that will help you undconditionally. It wasn't until I was faced with the most ultimate hurt I could possibly feel that I was able to "surrender" myself to Him and allow Him to work on me. I never quite understood what "SURRENDER" felt like, or to put all my TRUST in Him. That is until a week ago. Like you said..."keep listening" for the Lord will guide me to find my way....Thank you! I have always believed God worked in mysterious ways. I cannot really truly explain how I came to this site, but the Lord places people, places, and things in our lives as messages from Him. It is up to us to LISTEN. Thank you again for being that channel from God to me. :-)

reflexão said...

Temos que aprender a buscar e confiar cada vez mais no Senhor! Temos que aprender a amar mais o próximo. Temos que aprender a viver de maneira que o Senhor quer. E ser um exemplo para todos. Assim podemos realmente esperar por um mundo melhor. E aprender cada vez a seguir o caminho estreito e apertado. Mas com a ajudo dos irmãos esse caminho pode ser mais fácil que imaginamos. Pois é isso que Jesus Cristo quer que nos ajudamos uns aos outros. Parabens pelo seu texto!