Sunday, April 05, 2009

Bragging Rights

CONFESSION: When other people post videos on their blogs, especially a lot of them, and if they aren't of their children, I usually don't watch them all. I somehow feel like I don't have the time. But then I post videos and really really really want people to watch them all! So, I'll try to be better. Watch these. All of them.

This handful of videos are all of people I have the pleasure of knowing personally, although some better than others. I am so impressed by the humor and talent and creativity of those around me, that I gotta spread the love!

First off, this is one of my best friends! This is Jordan singing an original song called "Sunday Afternoon" at BYU-Idaho's "Best of" show last week. BYU-I has a bunch of cool performance venues throughout the semester, "Nashville Nights," "Battle of the Dance," "Broadway Revue," Acoustic Cafe," etc. At each event, audience members vote for their favorite acts, and at the end of the semester, all the favorites perform. Jordan is a favorite. =)


Okay, I was wary of this at first, since the whole Prop 8 thing is pretty close to home (literally and figuratively). But this is brilliant and tasteful and well worth it, I promise. This is Ryan Simmons, a Playmill alum who has been living and working as a performer in New York for the past couple of years. He has the most impressive eyebrows and mouth of anyone I've ever met.


This one is of my friend Chris. Each week he does a "Friday Night Movie" and posts it for all his friends and followers. Of which I am one. (If you want a laugh, go through and watch the rest of his videos on youtube; they're fantastic.) This one is one of my favorites: an average day at work from his time spent in the employ of an outdoor advertising company.


And last but not least, this is a fellow who I met and befriended through my Book of Mormon class this semester. He sent me this video the other day and I think it's absolutely brilliant. I want shoes like his wicked green toxic ones. I also think this is one of the most creative short films I've ever seen.


Hope you've enjoyed! I'm trying to post the video I made for the Theatre Gala this year, but Jason Mraz ain't sharing the rights to his song that I used, so I've got to figure something else out. But that's okay, because Jason Mraz is a crazy good musician and one of the COOLEST people ever and I wish I were his friend too. My respect for him grows steadily. I'd always known he was a cool musician, but he is also super-awesome as a person and tonight I kept discovering more reasons why.

2 comments:

A said...

You should post the video from last year's theatre gala/awards too!

Liz said...

Mkay! I gotta figure out how to get it onto my computer...