Tuesday, October 21, 2008

"Any sufficiently advanced bureaucracy is indistinguishable from molasses." -Unknown

h2g2vogon

My license has been suspended. Long story, but for the point of this blog, let it simply stand at "my license has been suspended."

In order to lift said suspension, I've got to send an SR-22 form to the DMV in Oregon, stating that I have current insurance.

My insurance has been canceled because my license is suspended, and won't re-instate until the suspension has been lifted.

But I can't lift the suspension unless I have current insurance.

But I can't get current insurance until my license is no longer suspended.

Damn bureaucracy.

2 comments:

Beckah said...

I really am sorry about your situation, but I must admit that I laughed. Life sure is crazy. Want to tell me about it sometime? I love you!

williez said...

Guaaaaargh. Terrible. That is really, really lame.

I hope you find some kindly DMV worker. Er, um... I hope you find some kindly insurance agent? Gah. It's a racket! Conspiracy!

Hope it works out OK. :(