Wednesday, September 20, 2006

"I always wear my watch. It protects me from the bad luck I incur from doing silly things."

So here I am in cozy, fun-filled, and steadily-growing-colder Rexburg, now fully adjusted to life away from the Playmill. The fact that I'm in rehearsal every night helps. And almost the entire cast was at the Playmill this summer. PS: I got cast as Miz Effy Krayneck in the fall musical "The Spitfire Grill"--hooray! It's a fun part, and the music is a blast to sing. Work will be great, I'm sure it will be. I've been having the time of my life with my new gift subscription to NETFLIX. But a picture's worth a thousand words, so here are a few photographic examples of fun in Rexburg.

Home sweet home! It's official name given to it by us is "The Hawmps." Isn't my house darling? It's actually 3 stories...the manager lives upstairs, girls live in the basement, and we live in the middle (up the porch steps). I slept on that porch for the first two weeks I was back, before it got friggin freezing. But I love living here. "Rather small...and nicely cramped, so that there's hardly any room between one adventure, and the next."
9-18-2006-26

This is Brad, AKA "B-Rad" who is our friend and neighbor and pretty much our roomate. And Beckah. On our couch.
9-18-2006-24

Another couch-shot. With Rebekah in it. That's my roomate Eileen asleep against that endearingly gorilla-ish fellow, Tim.
9-18-2006-20

Look look look! Beckah and I found a shopping cart labeled "Ben Franklin"! We found out later that its the name of an actual grocery store, but the fact that the nearest one is in Idaho Falls still makes it fabulous!
9-18-2006-19

I just noticed that I only have an hour before I have to be at rehearsal, so I'm going to wrap it up. Hugs and high fives from Liz, and stay tuned for a video blog in the future!

3 comments:

Beckah said...

Ha ha! I laughed a lot at the description of Tim. Endearingly gorilla-ish. I have to buy a disposable camera for my Geology field trip so I'm going to take some similar pictures! I love you, and I live with you! Huzzah!

Anonymous said...

A few years ago there was a Ben Franklin in Rexburg. It had the only stationary section off campus that was within walking distance, and had a UPS shipping center, so it was pretty popular. After the WalMart was built it went out of business like a few of the other stores in good old downtown Rexburg.

Perhaps this shopping cart has lived on the streets since then, being pushed from one student house to another just like a homeless person. You should help it make it's way back to Idaho Falls so that it can once again be with it's kind.

Liz said...

I wish I knew who you were anonymous, because I am quite impressed by your knowledge of Rexburg's history. I actually ended up helping it make its way into my friend Shaun's apartment, so that it can be with...Shaun.