Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Sleepy, late-night thoughts


I don't know why I'm still up...I can barely keep my eyes open. I've been on facebook for about half an hour doing almost NOTHING, aside from regaining the power of my legs. (The cause of which shall remain nameless for now, but you know who you are.) But I've been thinking about gratitude and life and stuff, and thought I'd share.

It's funny how life is so ridiculously unexpected sometimes. How the universe rearranges itself so that things happen in such a way that's so coincidental that heaven had to a have a hand in it. (I think I might have talked in a circle in that last sentence. I'll let you decide.) I've just been thinking about that lately...just when you think you've got everything figured out and know what to expect, some crazy thing happens that starts the process over again. But I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth. I'm still trying to assimilate the presence of any horses at all.

There's a lot to be worried about in life. On a regular basis. But there's a lot to be grateful for, too. I've been overwhelmed by the latter during the past few weeks. I'm sometimes unsure as to what I did to deserve all the blessings in my life: my incredible family and the wonderful people around me now in Rexburg, along with the imminent return of more loved ones; money for groceries and bills; lovely summer days and nights; the scriptures; the Beatles; a Walmart nearby; Netflix instant viewing; cd players; the dishes (nearly) done; yellow flowers in a vase on the kitchen table.

There are so many things to be grateful for. This is ridiculous. And wonderful.

No comments: