Thursday, March 04, 2010

"There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so." --Hamlet, Act II, Scene ii


A MOST HEARTY GROWL OF BAD ATTITUDE/PESSIMISM:

I am sick of everything. I'm sick of the dirty snow outside...signifying neither winter nor spring but some awful, dingy season in between. I'm sick of school...of always having something that must be done and posted by 10 am the next morning, of not even being sure what just past before having to look at what's coming next. I'm sick of not having time...of having every minute of every day filled with to do lists. Even spending time with people I love is something that "needs to be done," enjoyable as it is. I'm even sick of wedding planning! I'd rather just be married. You may have noticed the countdown on the side-bar there...? That's because if I don't keep a firm focus on the light at the end of the tunnel, I shall sink down into its murky, tunnelly depths and drown.

The thing that's really exhausting is NOT classes or work or no free time or the weather. It's trying to have a good attitude all the time in spite of all of those things. THAT is what's so draining...that's what I feel I'm running out of energy for. That's why I take a moment to growl now and then, even though I feel I shouldn't.

A HANDFUL OF INSPIRING GLASSES OF LEMONADE, TO COMBAT THE LEMONS OF THE CURRENT STATE OF AFFAIRS, or COUNTERING SELF-TALK:

If you you suffer from negative self-fulfilling prophecies, make a different prophesy.

If forces seem to be whispering that you're not good enough, listen to different forces.

And if you're burnt out, scrape off the burnt parts and find some jam.

1 comment:

Kara said...

Just sayin...we've got pomegranate jelly at our house!

Literally, and figuratively..
although sometimes Elijah gets it all over the place and up to his elbows, and it's pretty darn messy.

The point is... If you need anything we could possibly help you with, or just some actual jam---

We're here for you.

Hope things look up soon!