Saturday, March 20, 2010

You take the Zithromax with Gatorade



I spent today in the hospital, because I woke up with my throat so swollen I could barely swallow. Jacob and his dad came over and gave me a wonderful blessing, and then off to the ER we went. They swabbed my throat (very unpleasant), then took my blood (even more unpleasant, because it involved my passing out, apparently having a convulsion and waking up to vomit), and then ran some tests. The diagnosis:

Acute tonsilitis
Exudative tonsilitis
Tonsillar stone
Infectious mononucleosis

That's right! The girl's got mono. With two and a half weeks left till the end of the semester. It should also be noted that I'm engaged. So I should say that Jacob and I have mono. Although he seems to be doing okay, and will just be careful. I got a note from the doctor about my condition, so that I can ask my teachers/employers to be lenient with me on my attendance. I'd hate to fail all my classes during the last two weeks of the school year. So hopefully they'll be merciful, and I'll finish the semester from my couch at home. So with a combination of sleep, fluids, Zithromax, Prednisone, and Percocett, I am on my way to health.

It's been a really difficult few weeks. But I'm so so so inexpressibly grateful for the love and support of those around me. Judy at work has been so understanding, friends have stopped by with help and kindness, and Jacob and his family have been especially wonderful. I'm so grateful for the love the Chapmans have for me. Jacob and his dad gave me a blessing this morning, and I am so grateful for their worthiness and righteousness.

I am most especially filled with gratitude for Jacob, my future husband. His worthiness, his willingness to serve, and his strength in adversity continually bless me almost beyond my ability to receive. He sat by my bed at the hospital for 3 hours, and stuck around even during those moments when he was terrified for my health and safety. The man helped me clean vomit from my chin today. He drove me to Walmart and pushed a wheelchair around the store. He offered me Priesthood blessings and joined me in my prayers. I am astounded at how good of a man he is, and I am so humbled and honored to have him in my life. I can't wait to spend the rest of my life and eternity with him. He blesses my life far beyond my own understanding, and I am filled with love and gratitude for him. Especially during times like this.

1 comment:

K + J said...

Liz on drugs: "I love everybody!"