Friday, November 03, 2006

"Competence, like truth, beauty and contact lenses, is in the eye of the beholder." --Laurence J. Peter

preschool gymnastics

Well, everyone, the blessed day has arrived...I have a job. You know how the first few days of any job are miserable? You're expected to be responsible but you don't know what you're doing or where anything is or what people's names are and you just are expected to have your footing when you really don't have it at all! Well, my first day of work yesterday wasn't really like that. It wasn't really miserable. But I've never had a job before where I felt fairly incompetent. I'm coaching preschool gymnastics. I'm a dancer, and I've got lots of experience with teaching and kids, but I just don't feel like I really know my way around. I teach little kids how to do somersaults and cartwheels and tuck jumps. I'm learning fast what all of these terms mean and how to do them, but I like having enough expertise and experience to feel like I can really TEACH and COACH. It's awfully intimidating to be teaching these toddlers and spotting them on the high beam as they walk across it when their parents are right there watching them, and ME. And of course, V is Captain Amazing Gymnast. He got me the job, by the way. We're both now gymnastics coaches. Which is way fun. He teaches much more advanced classes, but I helped him out in a couple of his classes yesterday, and it was really fun. He's a great coach. I don't like being an assistant though. I never have. I like being in charge or following, none of this in between stuff. Too much responsibility for not enough control. But I enjoyed my first day, and I feel like in a few weeks I'll really have it down. I'll be getting about 20 hours a week. Not bad. So on to a new employment adventure!
I'm also doing a lot of applying for freelance at home work...things like legal transcription and manuscript editing and data entry. We'll see how that goes. A nice way to make some extra money while still choosing my own hours. I'll keep you posted.
Not much else to report, really. Life is wonderful, scary, beautiful, adventurous, miraculous, difficult, and fulfilling all at once. As usual. I could blog for a few more hours about V...maybe I'll blog for a few minutes about him, because he occupies a great deal of my time and thoughts and energies and prayers and emotions.
V is one of the most attractive (I won't even pretend that I don't spend a little more time than I should checking him out at work...but he's a gymnast and he has a great body and as his girlfriend I have a right to check him out), most giving, most intelligent, hilarious, creative, deep and wonderful man I've ever met. We're falling more and more in love every day, and its incredible and terrifying, as falling in love seems to be. Our lives are becoming more and more entwined as time goes on, and I'm finding that its actually okay with me. I WANT him to be part of my life, and I want to be part of his. We're both so communicative with one another, and good at working out conflicts and...just...making our relationship WORK. I'm helping him through this semester academically, seeing as how he's working two jobs, elder's quorum president (that's right, LDS ladies), and taking 12 credits of 300 and 400 level English classes. And he's helping me figure out my financial situation. He's the most non-manipulative person I've ever had any sort of relationship or friendship with at all...he's willing to give without holding expectations over me, and I'm able to do the same for him. He loves me for who I am, and tells me I'm pretty and that he loves me every single day, and as far as saying and doing romantic things, he fulfills every girlish heart's fancies. Certainly mine. Sometimes he'll say something to me that's so romantic and beautiful that I sit there later and wonder what I did in my life to deserve what every girl in the world waits for.
I'm sorry, dear readers, if you're, like, vomiting by now, so I'll stop. But he's fantastic, and I love him. And life is good.

5 comments:

isha said...

...okay..I approve if that's what his car looks like...hehehe lol.
Love you Liz, and I really hope you're happy. It seems as if you are.
-isha

Peculiar 'Mormon' said...

STOP! STOPIT! You're making me vomit with jealousy! I still need to meet your Vaughn. He sounds great. He can help me with my back tucks too! WE NEED dinner and SOON, my cumquat!

williez said...

Argh! I totally missed your IM. I apologize for missing your IM. And I totally wasn't being facetious. And yes, you spelled facetious right.

P.S. D'awwww. So adorable.

williez said...

Bloglines said you made a video post, but your blog doesn't. =(

Unknown said...

interesting blog. It would be great if you can provide more details about it. Thanks you
legaltranscription