Wednesday, June 02, 2010

The Weekend in Review


Memorial Day weekend = a flurry of awesomeness. Which consisted of:

• Listening to the entire SLC Pearl Jam concert during the drive down to Mt. Pleasant, Utah
• Seeing Melissa and her classmates perform dances, skits, songs, improv, and much more at her graduation performance
• Sleeping in a boarding school dorm on the night before graduation, while my future husband slept on the floor of my parent's hotel room
• Hearing an awesome scholar from India address the graduating class at Baccalaureate
• Eating breakfast and lunch in a boarding school buffet style cafeteria
• Using my program as a fan in the warm performing arts center and cheering ecstatically as my youngest sister graduated high school
• Having dinner at an Indian restaurant in Provo with aunts, uncles, cousins, sisters, parents, fiancees, and various other parties
• Playing with my cousin's 3-year-old daughter in the front yard with Jacob (during which she made me think she needed a hug because she was sad and then tackled me as I comforted her; she also sat on Jacob's face)
• Church with the above-mentioned 3-year-old
• Sunday afternoon lunch at In-N-Out (unrighteous, but we didn't have food, and Jacob had never been)
• Long talks with Sarah in the parking lot of Applebee's
• Spending Sunday evening laying around with friends, watching "Sherlock Holmes" and "The Waitress" (both gems, although rather different), and eating Annie's chocolate cake with chocolate ganache frosting
• Talking with friends on Monday morning, which included Sarah and I planning a motorcycle roadtrip someday
• Pirate Island with friends in Orem
• Listening to musicals on the drive back to Rexburg
• Lots of driving, talking, and hand-holding. And meeting new people.

To all my dear friends whom I didn't call while in town, I apologize. The weekend was packed until Sunday, at which point we were too exhausted to think straight, and needed time for a VACATION. I love you all.

Zion is being surrounded with people you love and who love you back.

No comments: