Tuesday, April 03, 2007

"TAKE LUCK!"

duct tape child

Welp, kids, its official! I am no longer an employee of Taco Bell! Tonight was my last shift, and it was a good one to close my employment with. I suppose it was a good experience...I always vowed I'd never work in fast food, but now that I have, I have a greater appreciation for those who do. On behalf of those who are still in the industry, I feel the need to share a little knowledge I've gained. Most of the time, I worked the drive-thru, so a lot of these are related to that aspect of fast food.
Things I've learned as an employee in the fast food industry:

1. Do not give exact change at the drive-thru window. Unless you have it ready the second you pull up. It's irritating to stand there at the window and wait for people to count out their money. It's actually much faster and easier for the person working the window to give YOU change. I don't care if you want to get rid of your coins. Don't do it at the drive-thru window.

2. A lot more things are deep-fried than you might think.

3. If you have a diesel engine, TURN IT OFF at the drive-thru menu. It's really hard to hear over, not to mention the fact that it blasts the eardrums out of whoever's trying to take your order.

4. Drinks are a rip-off at most places. Cups cost about 30 cents, and soda, about 5 cents per cup, so really you should be charged less than a dollar, no matter what size drink you get. If you ask for a water cup, and then put soda in it, you are completely justified. Even if the manager yells at you.

5. Please, for the love of Pete, speak up when you're ordering!

But now that is all in the past! I am so ready to be at Playmill. I'm heading up to West Yellowstone tomorrow. I feel like its Christmas Eve, and I want to go to sleep and have morning come sooner, but I'm too excited to sleep. Technically the season doesn't start until the beginning of May, but I'm going up early to work and clean and organize and get ready for the season. Not to mention to make a little money, which is always nice.

It's strange...I feel so ready to get out of here. But all of a sudden, it just occurred to me that leaving for West Yellowstone also means saying good-bye to a lot of people that I love. I also love all the people I'm going to be spending my summer with, but I hate good-byes. Its my least favorite part of semester endings. I'll miss everyone.

I can't really think of much else to blog about. I'll keep you posted on everything, as per usual. I love you all.

Oh, and that picture at the top? I just thought it was funny. I hope this kid isn't scarred or anything, because I really want to do things like this to my children. Correction...WITH my children? Anyway, the infant seems to be okay, so I figure, why not?

No comments: