Saturday, September 10, 2005

My gosh man! Don't you know that's against the laws of nature?! Clowns aren't meant to be that big!!



This is my friend Casey. Isn't he cool? Check out his MySpace...I just added the link. Sorry the links list is far away at the bottom of the page; I haven't figured out how to fix it yet.
Today's been a pretty satisfactory day thus far. The morning was fabulous because of one thing and one thing alone. My roomates and I discovered the cartoon "The Tick." Has anyone ever watched that show? IT'S FETCHING HILARIOUS! It totally made our day(s). Then I went to Bajio's for lunch with some other folks to celebrate our friend Ben's birthday. That was lots of fun, but more in a pleasant-what-great-people-I-know-sort-of-way. As opposed to a that-was-the-funniest-afternoon-ever-I-laughed-so-hard-let-me-tell-you-all-the-stories sort of way. Things feel a little awkward between this particular group of friends at the moment. There's no animosity or anything like that. It's just that half of them spent the entire summer getting closer up at Playmill, and the other half of us...didn't. Some of us did here in the Rexburger, but it's going to take some time for all of us to mesh again, and to create our own jokes together. New York should be lots of fun, and help bring us all together a ton.
I'm about to pee myself with excitement over that. New York. We leave in, like, 2 weeks. That's so wonderfully soon, I don't know what to do with myself. I'm supposed to research libraries and museums to visit, and it's just too big a task. I want to go everywhere, and one week is simply not enough time to see all the shows, go to all the museums, eat at all the restaurants, shop at all the stores, and do everything else there is to do. Mallory gave Ben a great birthday present...actually it was the lamest birthday present in the world. All it was was a peice of crappy information. She told him that the Saturday before we get there, a museum is having a 25th Anniversary Jim Henson celebration. Ben looked absolutely crestfallen. Tears actually came to his eyes at having to miss it. No one else even seemed to care about the Jim Henson celebration except Ben and me, but it was totally a bummer. What a crappy present.
We also found out that the last night we're there in New York, PAUL MCCARTNEY IN CONCERT!!!!!!!!! It's totally sold out as of now, but that doesn't mean anything, and we are determined to find a way to go.
I'm supposed to be doing homework right now, so I guess I should probably go do that. It's just such a shame that my homework is theatre history and researching New York City. Oh, the grind.

No comments: